The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a charity tackling the most critical social issues in the GTA. For more than 160 years, they have offered children, teens, young adults and families the opportunity for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. For its efforts to provide health and fitness services to its community, the YMCA of Greater Toronto Area (YMCA GTA) asked TechGuilds for help in redesigning its website targeted at those who are looking to join the YMCA gym as well as its existing members.
YMCA GTA wanted to:
- Redesign the Try the Y website to improve both the end users’ and content authors’ experience
- Provide easy to use website building functionality with a variety of reusable website components
- Build an email marketing automation solution
- Redesigning the Try the Y website to improve both the end users’ and content authors’ experience using a user-centric design process: discovery, user personas, information architecture (IA), wireframing and mock-up design
- Building an easy-to-use functionality that allows the marketing team to create site pages, microsites and landing pages easily and quickly using reusable website components
- Building an email marketing automation solution
- The Try the Y website was launched successfully
- The client reports that managing the site is now a positive experience with much more flexibility and control.